Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Holiday moment

I'll never forget the first time I walked out onto the Grand Canal, Venice. It was love at first site. It was December 2011, and i was on my first trip. Firstly, i thought, this is a very romantic place, honeymoon place. Gondolas bobbed in the water, while larger motorized boats ferried passengers for a more budget-fare. Actually i got a chance to ride the gondola and it was breathtaking.
It seems like i was so in love with this romantic, one-of-a-kind city. This experience never materialized, and while I dont necessarily want to live in Venice, I do feel an increasing desire to go back and see this city again.
The next day, I continued on to Lake Como, and eventually Florence. Indeed, this city has a very beautiful scenery and view. Not to forget Verona, city of Romeo and Juliet. I had a chance to walk along the San Siro Stadium also. We managed to go to Lugano,part of Switzerland.

And Rome as well, which I visited before Venice.Italy's grand capital completely overwhelmed me at the time. I made it to the Colloseum, St Peter's in the Vatican City, The Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. I was fascinated by the Italian Renaissance in their arts and architecture.
I also went to Milan, an Italian city like no other. It's a historic city, with a spectacular cathedral, ancient churches, and galleries. There are also cafes and bars to relax in, and the place is very contemporary, represent the leading edge of italy's fashion and design industry.

So, as a wrap i really hope one day i can go here, as a backpacker. I could pick a base, maybe set up camp in one of the many rental apartments in Rome, and further explore the central and southern areas of the country.

What do you think?

Xoxo
Nad



No comments:

Post a Comment